Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Mushrooms

A couple weeks ago I started this painting based on some mushrooms I had seen in a fantastic gouache book I purchased in Iceland.

Although my original intention was to bust out the acrylics with this one, I actually might digitally paint it.
Here are the preliminary sketches and some really super fast color studies in photoshop.
I might go into painter and paint this one and see what happens.

Mushroomcolorstudy_1_line
linework

Mushroomcolorstudy_1_bw
black and white value study

Mushroomcolorstudy_1color_sm
super dark & quick color study #1

We'll see how it goes!


EDIT: Just for kicks I'm going to post progress under this entry as well -
Here's the next small bit:

Mushroomcolorstud-10.5.10_brgb


EDIT2:
Mushroomcolorstud-10.5.10_c
Here's another one.

2 comments:

Chris Pagel said...

oh wow!
what a fantastic sketch and painting!
i love color studies like this, easy to get lost in :D

Lindsay said...

Thanks so much!
I am picking away slowly at this one!
Even though I wanted to dive right in I figured I'd benefit from a plan! :)