Friday, April 22, 2011

Acrylic + Pug Dogs = good fun.

PugPug_sm

I did an acrylic demo for my Illustration 1 class on Thursday which was a brief intro to painting. I decided it would be fun to finish it up later that night and am really happy that I did.

It's been a long time since I worked with actual paint (it seems) - for something that was not for work. So here it is! I am hoping this summer I get to spend more than a couple hours on some paintings that are bigger than a couple inches! This guy is only about 6 x 6" - and with just a couple weird tubes of paint I had lying around.

I always wanted a pug - but then fell in love with our weird pug-rat terrier mix!
Mutts are really the best, but I'll always have a place in my heart for these guys!
Look at all those rolls!

PugPug_sm_thumb

A small detail of his face complete with textural cat-hair addition!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I want a painting demo from you too!

Learn me some fur.

Awesome stuff.

Lindsay said...

We should paint together! You should take your sabbatical over here and we should paint! Paint fur!