Friday, April 22, 2011

Acrylic + Pug Dogs = good fun.

PugPug_sm

I did an acrylic demo for my Illustration 1 class on Thursday which was a brief intro to painting. I decided it would be fun to finish it up later that night and am really happy that I did.

It's been a long time since I worked with actual paint (it seems) - for something that was not for work. So here it is! I am hoping this summer I get to spend more than a couple hours on some paintings that are bigger than a couple inches! This guy is only about 6 x 6" - and with just a couple weird tubes of paint I had lying around.

I always wanted a pug - but then fell in love with our weird pug-rat terrier mix!
Mutts are really the best, but I'll always have a place in my heart for these guys!
Look at all those rolls!

PugPug_sm_thumb

A small detail of his face complete with textural cat-hair addition!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I want a painting demo from you too!

Learn me some fur.

Awesome stuff.

Lindsay Nohl said...

We should paint together! You should take your sabbatical over here and we should paint! Paint fur!