Tuesday, September 06, 2011

New Painting - with a new method

So I stared this painting on Saturday with vigor and gusto - and got a huge chunk of it done. I'm working in acrylic, with a masking technique - on an 18" x 24" clayboard. All of which is semi-new, and really fun. I've gotten pretty good at making all sorts of shapes with artists tape over the weekend and wanted to show my process so far. I hope to finish this soon. I'm super excited to get a body of new work together... and maybe, just maybe, use it to apply for something special.

9.6.11_01
Full scale sketch

9.6.11_02
Color layer 1 and transfer of my drawing in white

9.6.11_03
Masking off areas of the painting with tape - creating the background

9.6.11_04
Process so far

So, this is as far as I got this weekend, which is a really great start for me. I think I only need maybe 6 -8 hours to complete it and I'm super excited to line up a bunch of canvasses for some landscapes I'd like to do after this.

5 comments:

Andres Guzman said...

Whoa! How the hell did you do that? We're gonna need some secret sharing sessions

Francesca said...

THIS IS SO AWESOME. SO SO AWESOME. Aw, may I see it in real life?

Lindsay Nohl said...

Andres - anytime. You let me know.
Francesca. Thanks :) I can't wait to finish it. I'd love to show it to you for real.

Can't wait for another day "off" :D

mnelson said...

This is really really beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!

Jesse said...

Delightful!