Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pattern process tonight. : Mice in some cheese.

This long weekend was awesome. I got tons of stuff done -- started a painting, drew in my huge sketchbook, made some food (congratulate me - that is hard to do!) and caught up on some daily patterns for Paper Bicycle's Daily Pattern Project

I just made one I'm super proud of. For some reason I was having a blast. Maybe it's the mice. Anyway, here's a bit of my process for making this pattern:

2011_09_06_Rodents_lindsaynohl_sm
Finished Repeat Pattern

rodentscan_sm
Sketches

lindsay_rodents_trace
Tracing the big shapes in Illustrator

rodenttexturesca_sm
Painted a bunch of Ink textures for the details


and then photoshopped all of them together.
I have some custom brushes that are awesome that I did all the linework with.
It didn't take that long, either! I think the hardest part was trying to come up with the repeat! Woo!

2011_09_06_Rodents_LindsayNohl_Sm_detail

No comments: